Boating All Out Boating All Out is offline

Default Affordable Care Act...

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 20:28:11 -0400, BAR wrote:

If enough people opt out and simply pay the 1% tax, how can this
system possibly work?

What am I missing?

The solution to the money problem is rationing. Welcome to the queue.

===

That's how it is in Canada - 2 and 3 month waits to treat conditions
that are not considered life threatening, things like dislocated
shoulders for example.

Those are the extremes, not the norm. I was in Canada a few years back,
camping in Algonquin and my friend split his toe open. Went to a local
hospital and was in and out in 30 min.

If they want to double the pct of GNP they spend on health care to what
the U.S. spends, they can cut the wait times.
As it is +80% of Canadians are happy with their system. Compare to the
U.S. They can vote it out and go all private if they want.
It's called Democracy. Same here.
Besides, Canada's system doesn't have a thing to do with the U.S.
Typical "conservative" red herring when somebody mentions Canada.