Oscar Oscar is offline

Default Some ppl got no sense

On 6/27/2012 8:36 AM, North Star wrote:
On Jun 27, 2:38 am, "Califbill" wrote:
"JustWait" wrote in ...

On 6/26/2012 8:43 PM, Tim wrote:

On Jun 26, 1:33 pm, Frogwatch wrote:
I saw a video on Weather.com of a helicopter rescue from my fav place,
Dog Island. I don't have sound on my computer so I couldn't get much
more info cept to decide I don't know the people involved.
Dog island is NOT the place to be in a storm. Every time I go there I
marvel at the evidence of storm surges sweeping over the island at
heights of about 5' at least. This happens a lot. What kind of maroon
spends a tropical storm in such a place?

The same kind of maroon's who like to stand waist deep in the ocean
looking at the tsunami heading toward them.....

Ummmm, no... With due respect I beg to differ. The folks on that Island
probably know of the impending danger or at least know they are in
immediate danger if they are there during a storm... , I am pretty sure
those vacationing folks who stood there as the water rushed out were in
awe and really didn't quite understand the danger to follow on a
beautiful Sunday morning...

I differ with your differ. Every time there is a tsunami warning here on
the left coast, people go out to the beach or break water to watch the
waves. Crescent City Breakwater gas given out several Darwin Awards over
the years.

Up here it's when the odd hurricane reaches our shores. Mostly young
people, due to a large university population, make their way to the
water see the large waves come ashore.

It's natures way of separating the wheat from the chaff.