North Star North Star is offline

Default Some ppl got no sense

On Jun 27, 2:38*am, "Califbill" wrote:
"JustWait" *wrote in ...

On 6/26/2012 8:43 PM, Tim wrote:

On Jun 26, 1:33 pm, Frogwatch wrote:
I saw a video on Weather.com of a helicopter rescue from my fav place,
Dog Island. *I don't have sound on my computer so I couldn't get much
more info cept to decide I don't know the people involved.
Dog island is NOT the place to be in a storm. *Every time I go there I
marvel at the evidence of storm surges sweeping over the island at
heights of about 5' at least. This happens a lot. *What kind of maroon
spends a tropical storm in such a place?

The same kind of maroon's who like to stand waist deep in the ocean
looking at the tsunami heading toward them.....

Ummmm, no... With due respect I beg to differ. The folks on that Island
probably know of the impending danger or at least know they are in
immediate danger if they are there during a storm... , I am pretty sure
those vacationing folks who stood there as the water rushed out were in
awe and really didn't quite understand the danger to follow on a
beautiful Sunday morning...

I differ with your differ. *Every time there is a tsunami warning here on
the left coast, people go out to the beach or break water to watch the
waves. *Crescent City Breakwater gas given out several Darwin Awards over
the years.

Up here it's when the odd hurricane reaches our shores. Mostly young
people, due to a large university population, make their way to the
water see the large waves come ashore.