Tom Tom is offline

Default 9.9hp outboard question ?

No way, no mechanic. I am doing this myself.

First time for everything, besides, I just love the look on mechanic's faces
when bringing a pile of something and asking them to help put it back
together.

But I bought the impeller kits today for both engines and will try that
first.

Then take the carb off and clean it and put it back together again.

Any tips on those idle screws? What is the secret to not screwing them up?
Iwas going to turn til tight and count the turns and mark where it is
exactly now.

thnx

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 13:05:02 -0500, Richard Casady
wrote:

Put a fin in the kitty each
weekend, until you have a couple of hundred or whatever.

===

That's about what it will cost for a new carburetor which is the best
and easiest solution to the idle problem. The cooling issue is
something else however.