Meindert Sprang

Default How to use a simple SWR meter and what it means to your VHF

"Gary Schafer" wrote in message
No, you just need to read the ones that you have. :)

See if you can find in any of them where it tells you that reflected
power gets dissipated in the finals of the transmitter. I don't think
you will.

On page 10.1 of my VHF-UHF manual by G.R. Jessop it says:
"a certain amount of power is reflected at this mis-termination [the
antenna] and is propagated back down the line again by means of further
waves of voltage and current travelling in the opposite direction, to be
either absorbed or re-reflected at the generator according to whether the
generator terminates or mis-terminated the line."

Meindert