Larry W4CSC

Default Marine electronics training

Dennis, I'm very curious about your NMEA course.

How do they tell you to hook up non-compliant devices that have one
wire for NMEA output and one wire for NMEA input to the balanced NMEA
(+) and (-) network? Did anyone talk about why some manufacturers
cheap-out like this?

On 24 Nov 2003 03:28:41 GMT, pamdump (Den73740)
wrote:

Is there anywhere that has a good marine electronics training program ,
preferably in S Florida that covers the following type of topics

Dealing with NMEA strings- I/O setups, hardware, software settings
Integrating components from different manufacturers.
Setting up repeaters and autopilots
Servicing and setting up Radars.
"Networking" everything together.

I've taken AYBC electrical and NMEA installer certification courses and I'm
studying for my GROL and radar endorsement but would like to take a hands on
seminar type marine electronics tech course that goes into more depth than a
users course.

Thanks

Dennis

Larry W4CSC