Bruce in Alaska

Default Marine electronics training

In article ,
pamdump (Den73740) wrote:

Is there anywhere that has a good marine electronics training program ,
preferably in S Florida that covers the following type of topics

Dealing with NMEA strings- I/O setups, hardware, software settings
Integrating components from different manufacturers.
Setting up repeaters and autopilots
Servicing and setting up Radars.
"Networking" everything together.

I've taken AYBC electrical and NMEA installer certification courses and I'm
studying for my GROL and radar endorsement but would like to take a hands on
seminar type marine electronics tech course that goes into more depth than a
users course.

Thanks

Dennis

These was a course being taught up in Seattle, at one of the Maritime
Schools for Marine Electronics Techs. When I lived in that area I did
Guest Lectures there. Was on the northeast side of the Ballard Bridge.
The best education in this field is by DOING, under the supervision of
an "Old Time Marine Electronics Tech" who has been in the business for
more than 15 years. I have never been east of the "Big River"
(Mississippi) so I can't advise you on your location. On the North
Pacific Coast, most of the best Techs came from Radar Electric,
Raytheon Marine, or Northern Radio Co. (All of these no longer Exist,
but they sure turned out a bunch of great radiomen) Seems to me there
was an Outfit with SMITH in it's name that was big down in your country.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @