Gary Schafer

Default Icom 802 troubleshooting

On 22 Nov 2003 15:35:02 -0800, (Mark Reichow)
wrote:

"SGC couldn't design their way out of a "Wet Paper Bag" and they
didn't do any of the "Original Design Work" on any of the Autotuner
Products. ANY THAT IS A FACT!"

Ok, I get it. No need to bust a blood vessel over this. The SGC
radios are known far and wide as being junk. No argument there. The
SGC tuners however, DO have a good rep, no matter who designed them.
(BTW, Honda didn't do the "original design work" on the automobile
either, yet they make a quality product.) But for the sake of your
argument, we'll dismiss SGC as a player in the coupler/tuner market.
Here's ICOM's take on mounting automatic antenna tuners on sail and
power boats.
http://www.icomamerica.com/downloads...ook/chptr7.pdf
Have a nice day. Mark

One reason you may see this kind of thing from manufacturers is that
is what all the rest are professing. There may be a fear that if they
tell you the proper way to do it you may not buy their radio because
it is more complicated than the competition. They really make it sound
simple and uncomplicated don't they.

Don't believe everything you read. Look for some facts to back it up.

Regards
Gary