Scott McFadden

Default 17'er saves a guy that lost his 25' er

----------begin forwarded message-----------

Lucenti-Bonds Marine Mechanic Larry Poucher was taking a family for a
demo ride when he hit a 14 ft. wave which threw the boat at a 60
degree angle and threw him and the 9 yr. old boy over board. The
Kingfisher
owned by World Renowned fisherman John King was credited for saving
the life of Larry Poucher. The 9 yr.old boy was hoisted back in the
boat by his family. This is not a good thing to happen to anyone. They
should have never been out in those kind of seas taking a demo ride
especially without life vests. I hope everyone is ok. Larry is a very
experienced seaman. It's unfortunate that his boss made the decision
for him to take that family on a demo ride while there is a hurricane
out at sea....also small craft advisories. Hope this sad mishap is a
warning to all. Even the best of boat handlers can have trouble when
the seas are that rough.

---------end forwarded message---------

Jesus Christ, a freaking "demo ride"? Sometimes, I have a hard time
trying to imagine just what people were "thinking" when I read reports
like this. I guess maybe they were not "thinking", at all.

I bet that "ride" beat the Hell out of any of the one's they've got at
Disney World.
--
SJM