Doug Dotson

Default How to use a simple SWR meter and what it means to your VHF

I think we all kind of sort of knew this Bruce.

Doug

"Bruce in Alaska" wrote in message
I suspect that there is a big misunderstanding of TERMS, going on here.
Definitions are being misused on both sides......

Lets get the TERMS Fixed and Understood first.

Transmitter = Rf Source that has an impedance of 50 Ohms

Transmission Line = Coaxial Feedline between Transmitter and Antenna
Tuner.
Antenna Tuner = Device that matches impedance of it's input (50 Ohms)
to that of the antenna that connects to the tuners
output.
Antenna = Effectivly a wire, or pipe, or other conducting structure
used to radiate RF Energy supplied by the Transmitter to
the feedline.

NOW that we have these definitions settled, Please continue the
discussion.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @