Doug Dotson

Default Capn v.6.1 question??

Really? I'd better call Gateway and tell them they shouldn't have put
those serial ports in. I have 7 serial ports supported under XP on
this laptop.

Doug
s/v Callista

"rayjking" wrote in message
.. .
Steve, what is the operating system or dos? you know xp does not support
serial ports.
ray

"Steve" wrote in message
I have a dedicated GPS module on the USB port of my laptop. Works great

and
the Capn finds the data from the GPS without a problem.. This is a one

way
communication with the laptop. GPS talker, Laptop Listener.

However, if I want to send course correction via NMEA 183 sentence, they
have to go out a serial port.

I can't seem to find a way to tell The Capn to send this info out a

standard
serial port, once it finds the GPS data on the USB port.

I haven't been able to get any help for Nautical Technologies since I
haven't upgraded my software since v. 7.x came out. My laptop isn't fast
enough to run the lastest version.

Anyone have any experience with this or suggestions??

Steve
s/v Good Intentions