Tim Tim is offline

Default It's Sunday, the day to...

On May 22, 9:29*pm, thumper wrote:
On 5/22/2012 4:39 PM, Tim wrote:

Here's thee rest of it:

However, the hatred that is negative surely has to be that which is
directed against others. The Lord mentions hatred in the Sermon on the
Mount: “But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will
be subject to judgment” (Matthew 5:22). The Lord commands that not
only should we be reconciled with our brother before we go before the
Lord, but also that we do it quickly (Matthew 5:23-26). The act of
murder itself was certainly condemned, but hatred is a ‘heart’ sin,
and any hateful thought or act is an act of murder in God’s eyes for
which justice will be demanded, possibly not in this life but at the
judgment. So heinous is the position of hate before God that a man who
hates is said to be walking in darkness, as opposed to the light (1
John 2:9, 11). The worst situation is that of a man who continues
professing religion but remains at enmity with his brother. The
Scriptures declare that such a person is a liar (1 John 4:20), and he
may fool men, but not God. How many believers live for years
pretending that all is well, putting on a front, only to be found
finally wanting because they have harboured enmity (hatred) against a
fellow believer?

Hatred is a poison that destroys use from within, producing bitterness
that eats away at our hearts and minds. This is why the Scriptures
tells us not to let a “root of bitterness” spring up in our hearts
(Hebrews 12:15). Hatred also destroys the personal witness of a
Christian because it removes him from fellowship with the Lord and
other believers. Let us be careful to do as the Lord advised and keep
short accounts with everyone about everything, no matter how small,
and the Lord will be faithful to forgive, as He has promised (1 John
1:9; 2:1).

Fear of punishment or hopes of reward are unnecessary for moral behavior
and I sincerely doubt the integrity of those who require it.

And don't forget a joyous life. That's part of it too!