gatt

Default Need help Properller size Mercruiser Alpha One

"minhxn" wrote in message

I have 1991 Rinker 17' long. It has Mercruiser Alpha One stern drive, and
4.3L V6 engine.
I try to look for the right size for its propeller, but I have no luck.
Each place I went, they gave me different result. Some suggested I should
use 17 pitch, and some 19 pictch. I am new boater, and kinda confuse.

I have a 21" on my Merc 3L/17.5' boat. 21" is a good, standard all-purpose
prop that will tow skiers fine and get up to speed really nicely. I'd
think with a 4.3 you could go slightly larger for a bit more takeoff out of
the hole if you're going to be pulling skiers, but 21" should definately be
a safe bet.

Above all, get a Clymer shop manual for your motor and follow its
specification. Eventually, given that it's a boat, you're going to need the
manual. I carry mine in the boat when I go out along with my tool and first
aid kits.

-c