Marcus AAkesson

Default Rigid VHF Antennea?

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:38:41 GMT, "Geoffrey W. Schultz"
wrote:

I've had a few occasions where, under very heavy seas, my VHF antenna has
whipped forward and managed to catch the anemometer cups and get jammed,
causing me to lose wind speed data. Looking a photos of the masthead it
appears that the antenna is made by Metz. I'm very limited on where it can
be mounted and was wondering if there were rigid antenna that wouldn't
whip?

A good quality fiberglass antenna has absolutely no problem with this,
pretty common around here.

I would recommend

Comrod www.comrod.com (Norwegian)

or

Celwave (now AC Marine) CX-series (Danish)

www.acmarine.dk

/Marcus

--
Marcus AAkesson