Jim Woodward

Default Rigid VHF Antennea?

Sorry, I wasn't completely clear....

I agree completely about the sheet metal brackets. I fabbed a 1/4" aluminum
plate for the top of Swee****er's mast that held the wind instruments,
Windex, lights, and antenna -- so the antenna base, which had a 1"-14 female
thread, was bolted through the plate with a piece of threaded rod and a nut
(I couldn't find a stainless 1"-14 bolt). No appreciable flex there....

--
Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com

..

"Steve" wrote in message
Thanks Jim,

Unless your tell me otherwise, I would still have reservation about the
constant flex of those sheetmetal 90 deg. mounting brackets that come with
both types of antennas.

In the end, I went with the base loaded wipe and the supplied mount

bracket,
because I have a fixed span bridge that is very close to my mast height..

figure if the antenna hits, it would spring right back or the bracket

would
bend over without any major damage. Yah! I know! I shouldn't cut it that
close and I don't, but there is always the possibility I miss calculated

and
the 30" antenna would be the first to make contact.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions