Steve

Default Rigid VHF Antennea?

I have the same situation with my base loaded Shakespear VHF wipe.. It has
never caused problems with the wind instrument but it's only a matter of
time and the right (wrong) sea state.

I considered the possibility of a ridgid fiberglass antenna, even before I
stepped the mast. But then I considered the G forces that a ridgid antenna
would be subjected to. I wouldn't even attempt to figure all of this out,
but I can only imagine (having spent 5 min at the top of another boats 50 ft
mast in a moderate sea, in my younger days. ).

Maybe a rigid antenna is up to these forces. I don't know..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions