Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Getting old ain't for sissies...

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
Lydia asked me yesterday, "What would you like to do on your birthday?"
"Work on the boat - same as last year and 2009!" :{))

So, today, I'll continue removing anything which doesn't look all that
great in the stern part of my skeg, recently available now that the
rudder's dropped.

A massive (well, for any "blister" type of experience) amount of water
came out of some test holes Lydia opened, so I got out the grinder and
created the grand canyon, in effect.

Told ya so, Skippy. There goes your (and the other's) argument that
spraying fresh water on the outside of your hull and letting it dry would
*draw out* and dry out any moisture (osmotic fluid) within the laminate.
So, now you have a little proof that you were mislead by the fool who
advocates that dumbass, fresh water spray method.

What does all this mean? It means that there is plenty of osmotic action
going to occur the minute you splash. This means new blisters appearing in
your months of hard work and fairing. This means you shoulda listened to
good old Wilbur and dried out your hull for a couple of years in a cold
and dry climate before repairing and fairing.

But, there is one positive I can think of. With all the fairing work your
bottom will be smooth and fast for maybe six months before big blisters
rear their ugly heads. Before the new blisters occur your boat just might
be fast enough to keep up with mine.

Wilbur Hubbard