Larry W4CSC

Default ICOM M-802 DSC Antenna

How many calls have you intercepted? I've only heard one, that
distress call off the French coast. Those frequencies are sure dead.

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 05:26:21 -0800, sded wrote:

DSC reception won't work without the second antenna for the DSC receiver. But
since it is receive only, it can be any sort of simple antenna, like a CB whip.
I actually use a HamStick, since it can be used as a single band transmit
antenna in an emergency. Works fine on the stern rail since HF is not Line of
Sight limited.
"Keith" wrote:

As I understand it, the secondary DSC receive antenna hookup on the 802 is
optional. I don't have one hooked up, but I was wondering what everyone
thought about the utility of this. Is it really optional? What is the
benefit of having a second receive only antenna? What won't work if I don't
hook one up. I just cringe at having to put yet ANOTHER antenna up there!

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"