sded

Default ICOM M-802 DSC Antenna

DSC reception won't work without the second antenna for the DSC receiver. But
since it is receive only, it can be any sort of simple antenna, like a CB whip.
I actually use a HamStick, since it can be used as a single band transmit
antenna in an emergency. Works fine on the stern rail since HF is not Line of
Sight limited.
"Keith" wrote:

As I understand it, the secondary DSC receive antenna hookup on the 802 is
optional. I don't have one hooked up, but I was wondering what everyone
thought about the utility of this. Is it really optional? What is the
benefit of having a second receive only antenna? What won't work if I don't
hook one up. I just cringe at having to put yet ANOTHER antenna up there!