Bruce in Alaska

Default Fuel tanks and SSB counterpoise.

In article , Larry Demers
wrote:

When I could not tune out the ground impedance bumps, I installed a cheap
manual antenna tuner in the ground circuit leg. Then I got perfect
impedance matches at all frequencies into a long ground wire. This was in
addition to the normal automatic antenna tuner for the antenna. Tuning
was simple. Just adjust the ground tuner until the SWR was down to the
lowest you could get.

Larry DeMers

If your going to use a manual tuner in the ground system, and have to
readjust it for every large frequency change, why would you not just put
the manual tuner on the antenna and just do manual tuning??? Kind of
redudndent isn't it. The whole point of a autotuner is so that the
operator doen't have to know or understand what the tuner is doing.
That, and so appliance operators could install their own SSB Radio's
systems and cut the Marine Electronics Tech's out of their Installation
Money. Same thing, as when the FCC changed the rules for Radar
Installations, by users, only with many more consequencies.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @