Earl[_13_] Earl[_13_] is offline

Default For animal lovers...

X ` Man wrote:
On 5/5/12 1:40 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 04 May 2012 19:28:55 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

Bass fishermen are different, nobody wants to eat a freshwater bass
anyway, and artificials are perfect for them... Other fishermen catch
fish you want to eat, and they don't do as well with artificials. I
suppose you are gonna' tell us you never took a fish, never killed a
fish, and never used natural bait, right??? Pffffttt. I suppose you
will.

Lots of people eat freshwater bass, jerkwater.

Not serious bass fishermen.

Note that in my comment, I singled out "lots of people." I've seen
people eating largemouth freshwater bass they've caught, right in your
state.
I wasn't talking about "serious bass fishermen."

There are many, many recipes on the internet for largemouth bass. In a
simple search, I found 10,000+ hits for "recipes for largemouth bass."

Here's one from a Florida resident:

Title: Baked Bass Teriyaki
by retired1950
Type: Entree
Servings:
Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: Marinate overnite
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients: Bass Fillets
bottle of teriyaki sauce
lemon juice
lemon pepper
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
Directions: Marinate the bass fillets overnight in the teryaki
sauce. Place bass in bread pan lined with aluminum foil. Sprinkle
lemon juice and lemon pepper over the fillets. Place onion slices on
the fillets. Cover the bass fillets with aliminum foil and bake at 375
for approximately 20 - 25 minutes. Enjoy
Other Notes: One of my favorites - Very tastey!
Date Added: 04/16/09 11:10 AM

As I posted, lots of people eat largemouth bass.

You can mask the nasty taste of a lot of food with Teriyaki sauce. As
far as freshwater fish are concerned, I like Walleye, Crappie, Perch,
Catfish (small), and trout. Largemouth Bass, from my experience, have a
very strong fishy flavor in any size.