John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default For animal lovers...

On Fri, 04 May 2012 13:01:15 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 4 May 2012 09:36:59 -0700, "Califbill"
wrote:

This is more the result of man killing the predators and then growing great
food crops for the deer. A lot more deer than the natural world would
support.

That is true.
There are far more deer in the US, particularly the east, than there
were when the Mayflower landed.
Crops are a real gravy train for them but it turns out that they also
thrive on ornamental plants in suburbia. I am still not sure why they
were on the Whitehurst freeway that night but I assume it was just a
short cut from the yummy food up on Foxhall road and the parkland in
Foggy Bottom.

We have a herd of at least six, that I saw last year, roaming our damn neighborhood. I am a long way
from the 'country'.

The anti-hunter ideas of 'saving the wildlife' are pure bull****. Africa is a different story, but
we're not talking about shooting elephants and tigers.

I expect those who talk about shooting 'fish in a barrel' have never tried to hit a quail or
pheasant on the fly or gone rabbit hunting with a .22 (and brought home dinner).