iBoaterer[_2_] iBoaterer[_2_] is offline

Default This is the end, my friend..

In article 0a767a75-bb71-4ba8-ae36-8bb5d83d0b11
@l7g2000vbz.googlegroups.com, says...

On May 5, 2:55*am, wrote:
On Fri, 4 May 2012 15:21:35 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On May 4, 8:03*am, North Star wrote:
Quoted from Jim Morrison of the 'Doors'....
The last Canadian penny to be produced. I have fond memories of my
dad's aunt visiting us on Sundays and giving all six of us (kids) 5
pennies each, even when we entered our teens in the mid sixties.
In those days you could still buy candies for 2 cents each.. such as
Kraft Caramels, Honeymoons etc.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/canada/...-the-last-time

I imagine that will cause people to horde what they have and what they
can get, looking especially this years production seeing it's the
last. etc.

Not to worry. They will be preserved in US penny jars for decades,
until we drop the penny.
It does beg the question, how much copper is in a Canadian penny?

Nobody pays much attention to pennies but most merchants will throw
other Canadian coins back at you if you try to pass them in trade.
They are virtually worthless. Banks will not do foreign exchange on
coins. When my wife had her store she used to have a big jar of
Canadian coins that slipped by the cashiers. We tried to swap them out
with Canadian snowbirds when they were going home if we could.

I'll take any toonies you have hanging around.

Begging for spare change. Figures.