Larry W4CSC

Default Raytheon MARPA performance? HSB and two displays?

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:45:31 -0500, "Jim Woodward" jameslwoodward at
attbi dot com wrote:

All of this is complicated by the fact that Fintry is steel, and while the
compass would sit above an aluminum wheelhouse, 150 tons of steel 15-50 feet
away won't help it.

Sorry you're so far away and our degaussing range and degausser are
all gone when they closed the Charleston Naval Shipyard, Jim. I used
to know someone who could neutralize Fintry's field for a few beers or
a harbor cruise. It would have been fun to see her plotted magnetic
field all printed out. That thing was so sensitive it could detect an
out-of-place electronics tool box in a minesweeper....and tell you
where you lost it!

The degausser is still right next to the marina at the south end of
the old base. I've been inside its amazingly intense field many
times. Those a big cables laying across the deck and even then they
got really HOT!

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"