thumper thumper is offline

Default For animal lovers...

On 5/3/2012 5:32 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 5/3/12 8:25 PM, Richard Casady wrote:

I live just outside Des Moines, and the local deer are so numerous as
to be catagorized as vermin. I lost an auto to one. They cross my lawn
on a daily basis. It would be great if hunters would kill vast numbers
of them.

Typically, the problem you describe is the result of man encroaching on
the natural habit of woodland critters and decimating it. So, we take
away the land on which critters live, eat, and breathe, and then we
shoot them.

Elimination of their natural predators (wolves, cougars, etc.) is also
significant. They tend to require more area and incur the wrath of
farmers/ranchers.