X ` Man[_3_] X ` Man[_3_] is offline

Default Comparison of Android Apps for Charting/Navigation

On 4/26/12 10:32 AM, John H. wrote:
On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 05:45:36 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Apr 26, 7:44 am, John wrote:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 23:31:28 -0400, wrote:
Just found this link on another site:

http://sailing.about.com/od/SailingApps/a/5-Android-Apps-For-Boat-Cha...

Have you used any of these?

Don't know if Tim has an android phone (or even what one is, for that matter), but the apps look
useful.

Wife's got a blackberry, and I have a typical flip phone, but the
contract is coming up for renewal soon, So.....

this is something to take way into consideration!

Here is a pretty good article on how some of the tablets and phones do in varying light situations.
Scroll about halfway down to this:

Lab Screen Photographs with Ambient Lighting for all Smartphones Side-by-Side

Then put the cursor over and click the photos on the right to see how the four smartphones compare.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2012/02/un...te-in-the-sun/

or: http://tinyurl.com/7v66kez

Better to look at the results under "outdoor" lighting. The phone
screens are pretty much washed out. Any decent smart phone or tablet
will good pretty good indoors.

Neither my iPhone 4s or my new Ipad are usable in sunlight conditions.
Neither was my older smartphone, which had a reputation as a phone with
a "great screen" for outdoors.