Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Round and round we go, or, "sand in your eyes"

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 13:55:48 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

Strataglass I can come by, and it's possible that my canvas shop has some
mylar, if that's common - but I'd inferred from what you'd said that it
would be harder/stiffer than that. From our windows, it seems to me that it
would not make a very straight (straighter than saran wrap, of course!)
surface, as flexible as it is, and what I see canvas folks using for
patternmaking is VERY floppy, not very heavy stuff..

Inferred is that the stuff you're talking about is pretty flexible?

===

Mylar comes in different thicknesses. The kind I'm thinking of is
probably comparable to crispy new (and relatively heavy) Strataglass.
It needs to be heavy enough that it is relatively self fairing as you
wrap it around the shaft. You can wrap multiple layers of course for
extra body.