Larry W4CSC

Default use standoffs between SSB coax and backstay??

Wasn't me. I never heard of GTO-15 before.....??????

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 23:24:08 -0500, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:

I guess you must have forgotten about your numerous posts
a long time ago (1 year +) where you expoused the use of
GTO-15 when feeding your entire rig. Must have been a
senior moment.

Doug, k3qt
s/v Callista

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 09:29:20 -0500, Glenn Ashmore
wrote:

It was probably GTO-15. I would hope that who ever went to the trouble
of adding the standoffs would know the difference. GTO is hard to tell
from RG59 from a distance. Neon sign suppliers even have it in
decorator colors.

What the hell is GTO-15, some West Marine $20/ft trick? This isn't a
neon sign with 40KV of 60 Hz on it....IT'S RF! All the insulation in
the world isn't going stop the RF from leaking out, like it's 'spozed
ta. Lionheart's tuner is hooked to its backstay with a stainless
strap in a gentle curve held on with a stainless hose clamp.

Now that we got the damned steel cable holdin' the boom up replaced
with something that DOESN'T suck off the HF signal into the mainmast,
it works much better......well, at least until the sun exploded wiping
out the ionosphere....

73 DE W4CSC

NNNN

AR

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"