Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Round and round we go, or, "sand in your eyes"

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 19:26:24 -0400, WaIIy wrote:

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 11:55:25 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

So, back to all my begs in one ask-it, are there any better ideas? And, if
this idea is da bomb, what's the best way to manipulate this sanding shoe to
achieve the best results, in your collective opinion?

L8R, y'all

Skip, working on the boat

Are you SURE you trust this epoxy?

What's going to happen when the stainless corrodes and starts
popping the epoxy off?

It's not too late to stand back and rethink this thing.

I haven't paid much attention to this, but dressing a pitted shaft is
something I'd avoid if the cost for a new shaft isn't outrageous.
And if I did dress it, a pro would do it.
They have flame metal spray, welding build-up, etc for shaft
restoring,
By the time you figure the material/labor/doubt cost of DIY, it
might be better to buy a new shaft or have a pro rebuild the old one
with proven techniques.

--
Vic