Doug Dotson

Default SSB Antenna Question

Hi Grant,

We have a Shakespeare 23' whip on the transom and it works
great. Boat came that way. I did move the antenna tuner back
into the area below then antenna. Mount it to the back side of the
bulkhead at the aft end of your port lazarette, right around the
corner around the port propane locker. I'll send you some
digipics of our installation.

Doug
s/v Callista
\
"Grant Ziebell" wrote in message
m...
Planning to install SSB on our 43 ft sloop. Question is should I go
through the effort to install insulators and use the backstay as the
antenna or should I go with the whip style. Have a radar pole mount
aft and could mount the whip there. Plenty of room and height not a
concern. Recommendations appreciated. Please include pros and cons
of either installation.

Thanks

Grant Ziebell
Pensacola, FL