Robert Spooner

Default hints for quasi-professional cage antenna anyone?

What kind of bandwidth do you get with that?

Bob AD3K

w4jle wrote:
Might I suggest electric fence wire, a 1/4 mile spool is under $8.00. 19 AWG
and designed for outdoor use.

I have used cage dipoles for years and it has worked well for me. I normally
use 6 wires and slices of 12" diameter plastic sewer pipe cut to 1/4 inch
thickness and 6 holes drilled every 60 degrees(slightly larger than your
wire). on 80 meters I use 4 rings per side equally spaced. the rings are
held in place by winding a short piece of wire around the plastic and
twisting it on each side of the ring to the antenna element.