Ron White

Default VHF solar flare problems?

Yesterday my ICOM 402 VHF (which has DSC capability) would ,without being
touched, swich to channel 16 and emit a very loud ambulance siren type
sound from the speaker. The volume of the sound was not controllable and be
canceled by changing channels or pushing the DSC button.This happened quite
a few times. Today I tested the unit by leaving it on for a good while and
this behavior did not occur, could this have been caused by solar flares? I
haven taken the time to read up on DSC as the CG ab\nd other boaters have
not been using it, so I am not sure if this is something that could be
activated on my unit by a remote unit?

--
Ron White
My boatbuilding website is: