Larry Bradley

Default Low Voltage Sensing Relay -- HELP !!

(Larry W4CSC) wrote:

As his trip point voltages will be either well below the trip point
when the charging is off or well above the trip point when it's
charging, I didn't figure he'd need it. Thanks for the suggestion,
though.

When the charger shuts off, the battery voltage will slowly (more or
less) drop to the lower trip point. Whilst in that region, the
comparator could "chatter". I always use a bit of positive feedback in
a circuit like this to avoid the chatter.
Larry Bradley VE3CRX
Remove "removeme" from my e-mail address for direct mail
Ottawa, Canada

(use the e-mail address above to send directly to me)