Me

Default SGC 230 antenna tuner NEW

In article , "Leanne"
wrote:

SGC has a long reputation in the "Marine" radio community.

SGC means Piece of Crap....

I'll second that. It was an expensive experiment.

Leanne

There is are reasons that I have "No Respect for SGC" and any of their
products. The "S" in SGC stands for Stoner, Don. (One of the premier
radio designers of the 70's, and a recognised "Great Ham" and published
inovater in the Radio Communications Field) Don left the company after
a few years, because he had serious disagreements with his partner.
The "G" in SGC is for Goral, sp PeeAir. This guy couldn't design
his way out of a "Wet Paper Bag". He and a group of radio design
wannabee's took control of the company and produced more CRAP than
all the Geese in Lake Union, Washington , USA. Everything that has been
produced in the last 25 years has been with out Don Stoner. Notice that
I say "Produced" not designed here. That is because most if not all the
inovations that folks attribute to SGC weren't inovated there, just
"copied, stolen, plagerized" from other OEM's. Yes, the vernerable SGC
Auto Antenna Tuner, wasn't an SGC inovation, but a plagerized direct
copy of the SEA1612B, including the firmware Roms with the SEA Copyright
Notice still in the firmware. The SGC 2000 and 2020 were functional
copies of SEA Radios that preceded them into the market by about 18
months. I don't think PeeAir has had an "Original Idea" EVER.

Me