Larry W4CSC

Default SGC 230 antenna tuner NEW

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 04:51:20 GMT, "Captain Bob"
wrote:

Every Yaesu I have had had a problem. Never buy another piece of their
gear. Love Icom and the SGC 230 tuner - it will handle 160 meters very well
with backstay antenna.

Bob, AK6R
Catalina 42, Swell Dancer
Oceanside, CA

I have two Yaesu HF radios, an FT-990AC with every available option
and a FT-900AT fully loaded for my mobile, which drives a modified
TenTec Hercules II to 650W output (at 130 amps) to a home brew 15'
Texas Bugcatcher with Henry Allen's largest coil(s) and 36", 8-spoke
capacitor hat up 10' over the trailer hitch.

The FT-900 has spent most of its life in the trunk of a restored 1973
Mercedes 220D, the finest non-electronic ham radio mobile ever
produced. In summer, I'd bet it ran fine in temperatures far in
excess of its design characteristics buried in the trunk with a 130
amp linear amp heater workin' mobile DX on the way to hamfests. We
used to operate RTTY at 100% duty cycle, mobile, to entertain the
passenger hams. Great fun, making hamfest trips seem very short.

I had to clean the FT-990AC's transfer relay contacts to get the tuner
in it to work one time......

I have four, non-working, Icom walkie talkies, two non-working Icom
2m/440 mobiles of various ages. For some reason, Icoms seem to fail
not when used, regularly, but when STORED! The backup batteries were
replaced and they still don't work....keyboards that won't key,
displays that are blank, etc......

Lionheart has Icom M802, M602, M59 radios in it because Yaesu doesn't
make cool marine radios......

Pity.....

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"