Larry W4CSC

Default Low Voltage Sensing Relay -- HELP !!

It won't drive the fan, directly. The IC (probably) can only sink
50-100 ma and the motor will kick high voltage on shutdown so I
wouldn't attempt it directly. HOwever, for this little load a 12V
reed relay for a buck or two to key up the motor would work great.
The IC keys the relay and the reed contact keys the motor....

Radio Shack has nice little 12V relays that are little blue bricks
with wire pins sticking out. Those would be great for this
application, too.

On 27 Oct 2003 01:38:16 -0800, (Steve)
wrote:

(Larry W4CSC) wrote in message ...
You need a circuit like the one on:
http://www.ncws.com/rcrock/lowbat.htm

That's interesting. I have a similar requirement, to drive a low power
fan (draws approx 180mA) whenever the battery is receiving charge from
a solar panel. For this it makes no sense to use relays. If I flip
the connections to the comparator, does it then bleep above the
threshold voltage ???? How much current can the circuit take - ie
could I then power the fan directly ??

You can probably detect that my understanding of electronics
is at the vodoo level !

Thanks

Steve (no the other one)

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"