Doug Kanter

Default Article about BushCo use of words

"Calif Bill" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
Actually what lie? The statement in the State of the Union Message

was
"The
British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought
significant quantities of uranium from Africa." The brits believed

this.
So where is the lie?
Bill

You must be tired. Your logic if flawed. It doesn't matter who found the
supposed evidence of the uranium purchase. All that matters is that Bush
said he was adding that to his list of reasons for going to war. By

doing
so, he granted truth to the flawed intelligence.

No flawed logic. Where is the lie? May be that the statement was not

true,
but may have been in error. And this country must be really screwed up,

if
16 words in the State of the Union Address, causes us to go to war.

Nobody
believes half the stuff in the SOTU speech anyway. About like an annual
corporate report. The fluss in the front, does not always jibe with the
numbers in the back.

How do you tell which parts of the SOTU speech NOT to believe? If you assume
we can't believe some of it, then we can't believe ANY of it, except when he
says "me and my wife is happy on being here".