Larry W4CSC

Default 2500 Watt Inverter Suggestions...

WOW....2500 watts off 12V is over 200A, even if the inverter had
perfect efficiency, which it doesn't. What kinda battery banks does
your beast have?!! Is this a diesel submarine with 6250AH cell banks?

How many alternators does it have, too?!

Larry
Nothing is funnier than watching a boater with a new 4KW inverter
carrying his heater down the dock with a big grin on his face.....(c;

On 22 Oct 2003 12:30:42 GMT, (Robert9793) wrote:

My Heart Freedom 2500 Watt Inverter (12 VDC/110VAC w/charger) went under water
during Isabel. Fried everything and turned most of the guts into an amazing
mix of metalized dust/dirt/crud.

I bought it about five years ago along with a Heart Monitor/Remote Control. It
was a good, dependable unit.

I'm looking to replace it now and am looking for suggestions. Lots of cheapo's
out there. Saw a "Delco-Remy 2500 w/remote" at BJ's yesterday for $299.00.
Looks like one of the China clones.

I like the Charger/Equalizer feature of the Heart. I note that the Circuit
Board is not Conformal Coated for a marine environment. The Inverter will
eventually be moved onto the Boat so I need it to work.

Additional question: Has anyone coated the main Board and Contacts with
Conformal Coating to prevent moisture corrosion?

Thanks, Bob/Maryland