Robert9793

Default 2500 Watt Inverter Suggestions...

My Heart Freedom 2500 Watt Inverter (12 VDC/110VAC w/charger) went under water
during Isabel. Fried everything and turned most of the guts into an amazing
mix of metalized dust/dirt/crud.

I bought it about five years ago along with a Heart Monitor/Remote Control. It
was a good, dependable unit.

I'm looking to replace it now and am looking for suggestions. Lots of cheapo's
out there. Saw a "Delco-Remy 2500 w/remote" at BJ's yesterday for $299.00.
Looks like one of the China clones.

I like the Charger/Equalizer feature of the Heart. I note that the Circuit
Board is not Conformal Coated for a marine environment. The Inverter will
eventually be moved onto the Boat so I need it to work.

Additional question: Has anyone coated the main Board and Contacts with
Conformal Coating to prevent moisture corrosion?

Thanks, Bob/Maryland