Saginaw Bob Saginaw Bob is offline
Junior Member

With all due respect, I'm not sure the OP is getting his question answered. I'm in the same "boat"...I have Moore's book, and I'm trying to figure out how to create the full-sized templates used to trace out the forms to build any one of his canoes or kayaks. (The Hiawatha is the canoe I want to build.)

Moore presents two tables, a table of heights and a table of half-breadths, with columns for each station and rows labeled "sheer" and "butt 2"", "butt 4"", etc., in the table of heights, and rows labeled "sheer" and "WL 2"", "WL 4"", etc. in the table of half-breadths.

To an experienced builder it's probably obvious what these terms mean and the process of transferring this data to a full-size grid sheet is probably straightforward. To me (and presumably to the OP) these tables are a little mystifying. I am guessing it would probably be simpler to just buy the $85 plans a skip this step...but if anyone can offer a step-by-step method for transferring the data supplied in the tables, to a sheet of paper using pins and a batten, it would be greatly appreciated! It would be helpful if the explanation defined the terms butt, profile, sheer, WL, and baseline as depicted in the drawings.