Happy John Happy John is offline

Default What Will GE Force Its People To Drive Now

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 09:51:10 -0500, oscar wrote:

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 09:19:14 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:
On 3/5/12 9:12 AM, Happy John wrote:
On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 08:33:12 -0500,

wrote:

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 08:20:52 -0500, Happy

wrote:
On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 21:57:19 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 18:48:21 -0500,

wrote:

They said they
were gonna' do it. I know most of you here aren't bothered by

the
price
of gas, but that nearly 75 extra dollars a week we are

spending
is
killing us....

===

I think everyone is affected by the price of gas to one extent

or
another. My suggestion to people who do a lot of driving is

get a
more fuel efficient vehicle if at all possible. My truck is
getting
expensive at $80+ per fill up. I find it very strange that we
don't
have the large variety of small, fuel efficient diesels like

they
do
in Europe. My gut feel is that it is yet another

head-in-the-sand
Detroit issue. Last year we drove a full size Volkswagon

diesel
van
through the mountains of France, Switzerland and northern

Italy.
It
had plenty of power, seating for 6 adults, and a huge amount

of
luggage space. Average fuel economy was better than 20 mpg.

Good point. If the VW diesel van had not been withdrawn from

the US
market, that's probably what
we'd have been doing our camping in. Of course, the Mercedes
Sprinter is available, but they ain't
cheap.

What you just bought is way more beterer :-)

Well, it's definitely roomierer!

Lots of room to store a spare 500-gallon fuel tank? :)
Seriously, what sort of mileage do you anticipate? I hope you get

at
least 10 mpg.

I'd be tickled pink if my barge got even close to 10 MPG.

I expect to get about 12-14 with the trailer. I'm considering one of these, but don't know if
they're worthwhile: http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=2 I think I'll start a separate thread to
see if anyone knows anything about them.

And, BTW, I don't think Harry can ask something serious, which is why I responded to you.