X ` Man[_3_] X ` Man[_3_] is offline

Default What Will GE Force Its People To Drive Now

On 3/5/12 9:12 AM, Happy John wrote:
On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 08:33:12 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 08:20:52 -0500, Happy
wrote:
On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 21:57:19 -0500, Wayne.B

wrote:

On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 18:48:21 -0500,
wrote:

They said they
were gonna' do it. I know most of you here aren't bothered by the

price
of gas, but that nearly 75 extra dollars a week we are spending

is
killing us....

===

I think everyone is affected by the price of gas to one extent or
another. My suggestion to people who do a lot of driving is to

get a
more fuel efficient vehicle if at all possible. My truck is

getting
expensive at $80+ per fill up. I find it very strange that we

don't
have the large variety of small, fuel efficient diesels like they

do
in Europe. My gut feel is that it is yet another head-in-the-sand
Detroit issue. Last year we drove a full size Volkswagon diesel

van
through the mountains of France, Switzerland and northern Italy.

It
had plenty of power, seating for 6 adults, and a huge amount of
luggage space. Average fuel economy was better than 20 mpg.

Good point. If the VW diesel van had not been withdrawn from the US

market, that's probably what
we'd have been doing our camping in. Of course, the Mercedes

Sprinter is available, but they ain't
cheap.

What you just bought is way more beterer :-)

Well, it's definitely roomierer!

Lots of room to store a spare 500-gallon fuel tank? :)
Seriously, what sort of mileage do you anticipate? I hope you get at
least 10 mpg.