X ` Man X ` Man is offline

Default Update on ecigs...

On 2/24/12 5:20 PM, Califbill wrote:
"X ` Man" wrote in message ...

On 2/23/12 11:18 PM, Califbill wrote:
"iBoaterer" wrote in message

In article ,
says...

"iBoaterer" wrote in message

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 14:03:59 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

How does a
morbidly obese person affect you second hand like smokers do?

Higher health care costs?
Ever been stuck in the center seat on an airliner between two fat
****ers ? I would rather they were skinny people, smoking.

I've already been over that. With smokers, you not only get the benefit
of having to pay for their continued healthcare, you also get the
benefit of a high risk of cancer, heart disease, stroke, emphysema, etc.
by being forced to inhale their smoke. No other disease or addiction
does that.

Smokers have been shown to have less of an overall societal cost than
non
smokers in some studies. They die earlier with less end of live cost,
and
less social security payout. Plus the enormous amount of taxes they have
paid to smoke. Lots more than the health insurance for smokers only
would
have cost. Plus look how much money they put in circulation. One of the
reasons Altria has been one of the best investments since 1970.

Then you're not taking into account the toll from second hand smoke.

No studies have really proved that much damage from 2nd hand smoke. but
the $2-3+ tax on each pack of cigarettes will pay for any extra societal
costs. And I think NY has about an $8 a pack tax. NYC adds to that some
more tax. Might as well agree to a carbon tax, extra boat taxes Maybe
$2k a year for a powered recreational boat. Boat not really needed and
some of those people who think that kayaks and man powered vessels
should be the only thing on waterways. Where you going to stop excess
taxing? NY hid their overspending by adding a couple bucks tax to each
pack. Why should just one segment pay for the rest overspending? Now
that you agree to a tax for consuming an unhealthy substance, please
cough up 200% tax on each McD burger and 500% on fries. Probably McD and
Burger King and Jack kill more than all the tobacco companies combined.
Obesity is an epidemic!

It took me about a minute to google up reliable cites on the damage
caused by second hand smoke. Frankly, your post reminds me of the shaky
claims cigarette companies made decades ago when they were trying to
deny their products caused lung cancer.

I wouldn't object to extra and heavy taxes on fast food junk food.

--------------------------------------
It must be true, I read it on the internet. Most 2nd hand claims are
very nebulas. My mother who died a year ago at almost 96 said lots of
people called them "Cancer Sticks" even in her youth. Common sense
should tell you they are not any good for you, but as Voltaire said,
"common sense is not so common". The warning has been on the side of the
packs for at least 35 years. Anyone claiming damage now, should be
tossed from court for stupidity.

It helps to know how to do reliable research via Google. I haven't read
"most" claims about second-hand smoke, but I have read some from
reliable medical and scientific sources.