Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Current events...

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

I give you guys credit for adapting a lot better to living in a
boatyard than I would. I'm sure we're all looking forward to hearing
more about your adventures afloat however.

Why Hati? Frankly I think you'd enjoy the DR more. The DR is a poor
country also but it is vastly wealthy and civilized compared to Hati.

Hi, Wayne, and list,

Haiti because of several factors. Ile a Vache, actually, is a world apart
from mainland Haiti.

From what I understand, its infrastructure is on a par with Ragged Island,
which is to say there is very little.

However, there's an orphanage there, and we're told that one doesn't check
in, just come into the harbor, take a mooring, get acquainted with at least
one Haitian who will go with you any time you leave the shore area, and
generally, once that's done, you'll make friends at the same pace or better
as in the small Bahamian islands.

Without even mentioning it, somehow, the conversation came around to Haiti
on 3 different occasions when we were up north visiting family. The result
in each case was to have stuff - in one instance, a LOT - given to us to
take to the orphanage, without our asking.

So, we have sort of made it our mission - part of our "giving back" - to do
that. We've also been looking forward to the isolation and very protected
harbor as a potential hurricane hole...

We've talked to (small world!) several people in this yard who have been
there, or are departing for there as I type, from here.

So, we're looking forward to it - but at this point, we have no idea when
we'll actually get to go! When we're done there, we WILL go to the DR, and
beyond.

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any
kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now.
Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

- Etienne Griellet