Joe Wood

Default LED Anchor Light

What would drive me to go with either of the LED based solutions
discussed in this thread is their low power usage. I have the Perko
two-bulb light where each light is 750mW or 625mA for a total of 1.3A.
I have Trojan T105 Golf Cart batteries rated at a little over 200AH of
which by the rule of thumb I can only use about one-third or 70AH. If
I'm at anchor and run my anchor light for 10 hours, this comes to 13AH
just for my anchor light. This is nearly 20% of my total power budget.

Once I had to send a professional up my mast rather than doing it
myself. It cost me $120. It's good to calibrate things. These units
have lifetimes in the 10s of thousands of hours.

Joe Wood

Laurent I wrote:

I use it with no problem and a very very low consumption:
http://www.deepcreekdesign.com/firststarpage.html
Regards.
Laurent

"John Salyer" a écrit dans le message de

I've found a bunch of stuff on replacing the incandescent bulb in the

anchor

light with an LED array. But I haven't found a schematic of how to do

this.

Any help? I'd like to build an array of up to 18 super bright LED's, with

regulator. Any ideas?