Earl[_2_] Earl[_2_] is offline

Default If this doesn't make you feel old and creaky...

X ` Man wrote:
On 1/16/12 7:47 PM, Earl wrote:
X ` Man wrote:
On 1/15/12 12:28 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
In ,

says...

On 1/15/2012 10:46 AM, Oscar wrote:
On 1/15/2012 10:13 AM, JustWait wrote:
On 1/15/2012 9:50 AM, X ` Man wrote:
On 1/15/12 9:34 AM, BAR wrote:
In
,
says...

In articleaf13b6ee-0a8e-4926-b74a-86fc9f7af0f9
@v14g2000yqh.googlegroups.com,
says...

On Jan 14, 10:07 pm,
wrote:
On 1/14/2012 10:52 PM, Earl wrote:

Happy John wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 20:39:31 -0500,

wrote:

X ` Man wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK9TP...&feature=share
Amazing performance but she will probably need knee and hip
surgery
before she's 50.
As my younger daughter, a cheerleader and gymnast in high
school,
will
attest. She goes in for her
hip surgery in about a week.
That's a rough sport.

I met an NFL alum that played in the Super Bowl and he could
hardly walk
at 44 years old.

Wonder if he had any regrets...

Several years ago, there was a documentary done on the likes
of these
guys. Some were in wheel chairs. They were asked the same
question,
and ironically most said they had no regrets at all and if
able would
'do it again'

Winning and being productive is ingrained in the human psych,
at least
for most!

Survival is the basic instinct of humans all else flows from
that.

Pro football's "bloodthirst" is hardly a metaphor for human life.
It's
just a game, nothing more. Unfortunately, many of its fans are
attracted
by its brutality and are willing to pay for their bloodlust.

Professional car racing is also a bloodsport and I'd guess more
drivers
are killed each year than football players. But...if you are a
driver
and you deliberately cause injuries to another driver, you're
likely to
be suspended from the sport or tossed out entirely.

Let's be honest here. A big part of the attraction of football is
the
likelihood of seeing over-steroided players beat the crap out of
each
other, with the chance of seeing several carried off the field
with
serious injuries.

You being a non-participant and non-fan makes for a very wrong
view of
the spectators of both Racing and Football. Maybe the thugs you
hung out
with liked to see just the smashing of bodies and metal, but most
real
fans don't....

Can we do this without personal attacks?

apologies to Harry... my bad....

Yeah, but Harry has already started the name calling.

A. I didn't call anyone here a name.
B. You seem intent on seeing what you can stir up.
C. I'm not playing your game and I hope no one else does, either.

Have nice day, as my Russian friends say.

FPS?

Ahh...another fan. But he's not Russian.

FPS isn't really Russian? He could be a good actor!