Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default 75Pound CQR-type galvanized anchor for sale Ft. Pierce FL

Hi, Bob (I thought you'd maybe fallen off a rig, or something!), and
Wilbur - sorry I'd missed your last,

We have, indeed, seemed to have grown roots. However, despite having lost
our help (a very long story not appropriate for this venue), again (the
first one we "graduated" into a "real" job), we soldier on with the final
level of our longboarded finishing of the epoxy fairing compound.

That's going along beautifully, if slowly, as this 66YO body doesn't have
the strength and endurance of the youngster(s) we had working with us, and
the same goes for the lovely Lydia. We're about half finished with the
starboard, the final, side. After that will come 10 gallons of barrier coat
(just cuz that's how much we have), then a few coats of YTBD'd ablative
bottom paint. We've also got a few chores which have surfaced along the
way, unrelated to the bottom, which have to be done before we can splash.

However, this, too, will end, and we'll be back in the water and headed
south.

As to the nasty assertions of windlass and personal strength, this new
anchor is the same weight as the one I'm selling. Now that it's the primary
anchor (and thus has direct access to the locker through the windlass), I
can tell you for sure, in the many times I've had it up and down during the
fitting for the modification, that the windlass handles it with aplomb (in
case you were wondering, that's the same as a lead, as in sinker - take
that, you English majors!).

And, if you'd like to see what it all looks like, this weekend I got many
pix uploaded, including that of the anchor system modification needed to
allow this to fit. Click the gallery link, then the 2011 refit, then the
anchor section. The modification is a great one, regardless of the anchor
used, as it allows a lever to do most of the work of getting the chain and
beginning of the shaft over the roller hump, previously an exciting time if
I didn't inch it along at that point, with the anchor flying upward as the
angle suddenly changed with the shaft going over the roller.

Finally, yes, I'm selling it because I prefer the Delta and Rocna to the
CQR. There are those for whom the CQR is the only answer; I have a very
heavy example of one available cheaply, for them :{))

L8R, y'all

Skip, back to under the boat

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other
people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of others' opinion drown out your own inner voice;
and most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
They somehow already know what you truly want to become.
Everything else is secondary".
- Steve Jobs