JustWait JustWait is offline

Default If this doesn't make you feel old and creaky...

On 1/15/2012 1:24 PM, Oscar wrote:
On 1/15/2012 11:43 AM, Happy John wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 10:50:36 -0500,
wrote:

On 1/15/2012 10:16 AM, Happy John wrote:

I agree that strong penalties should be given to *anyone* in *any*
sport who deliberately tries to
injure another player. American professional football happens to be
*one* sport among *many* in
which such activities occur.

This implies that boxing should be banished from the sporting world. And
I agree with that.

That wouldn't bother me! There are a few other 'sports' where injury
is the goal, like 'tapout' that
could be dropped from the list of 'sports' also.

What is tapout?

Tapout is a very raw form of freestyle fighting. In most of these cage
fighting series, the rules are few. No strikes to the back of the head,
no feet to the head if the opponent is on his knees or on the floor, no
jabs to the eye, no kicks to the balls...... Other than that, there are
very few other rules.

It is very interesting sometimes when two very different style of
fighters meet and you see which "science" is better. For the record,
just as I knew when I did Karate as a kid, if a good Ground and Pound
(wrestler) is in the ring, he is King...