JustWait JustWait is offline

Default If this doesn't make you feel old and creaky...

On 1/15/2012 12:45 PM, Happy John wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 11:52:29 -0500, wrote:

On 1/15/2012 11:43 AM, Happy John wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 10:50:36 -0500, wrote:

On 1/15/2012 10:16 AM, Happy John wrote:

I agree that strong penalties should be given to *anyone* in *any* sport who deliberately tries to
injure another player. American professional football happens to be *one* sport among *many* in
which such activities occur.

This implies that boxing should be banished from the sporting world. And
I agree with that.

That wouldn't bother me! There are a few other 'sports' where injury is the goal, like 'tapout' that
could be dropped from the list of 'sports' also.

Actually if you watch Mixed Martial Arts, very few of the victories are
by knockout. There is a lot to this Roman Greko (sp?) wrestling... quite
a science if you pay attention. I don't watch a lot of it though, dad
and I noticed that it really raises your heart rate, especially when the
two opponents are in a static fight for control... you almost hold your
breath till someone flinches. Decided it wasn't good for us...

If Tapout is one of the Mixed Martial Arts then I have watched a few bouts - maybe half dozen.
Agreed, I've never seen anyone knocked out. However, I've watched the face-elbowing, etc., when the
two opponents are locked together, and I've seen lots and lots of blood - and not just from the
nose.

To me it's somewhat overboard. But, one of my sons-in-law thinks it's great. He's big into jiu jitsu
(sp?) and some of the other martial arts.

I watched it when it first got big, but don't really watch anymore..

Was the Motorcycle racing you saw this week pavement or off road? This
time of year you will find "GPX" which is road racing flat trackstyle,
and Arena Cross which is the dirt tracks with jumps, bumps, and sandy
banked corners.