No One Home

Default Software to graph NMEA Windspeed

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 10:37:21 -0700, Peter Bennett
wrote:

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 05:43:22 GMT, J wrote:

This is for a base station wind instrument which I'm putting together for a sailing club.
They have the NMEA instrument and have asked that I can put nice pretty graphs of wind
speed and direction up on their website. I'm thinking of just writing some code myself to
take the input and create a text file with it and have that FTP'd to their webspace and
run CGI scripts to graph it.

This might make it a bit clearer!
I hope

The Jericho Sailing Center (Vancouver, BC) does this - see
http://www.jerichowind.com/ and http://www.jsca.bc.ca/

Perhaps someone there can tell you how they do it.

I've done some work with this setup....

http://www.aag.com.mx/weather.html

There are various softwares out there that give all the data you may
ever need....